Friday, May 15, 2009

The Old Lady



The Old Lady
Image captured by: Jose Melo
Frame Size: 16 X 20
Image Size: 11 X 14
Brown Frame
Light Yellow Mat
$40.00 + shipping & handling
Click on image to enlarge


In May of 2008 I went on a trip to Mexico, my first time back there since I left at the age of 13 years old back in 1973. It was to be a trip of rediscovery and going full circle. We visited the small town where both my parents were born and visited family that I had not seen in over 30 years. It was a wonderful time and of course during this trip I had to take as many pictures as I could.

We left the small towns and spent the last four days in Cuernavaca Morelos, Mexico. Cuernavaca is a small city rich in history. It was during one of those touring days that while taking a walk in the downtown area I saw this old lady just sitting there. Normally you find women like this selling little packets of gum or pan handling but this lady just sat there looking at piece with herself just taking in on what was happening around her. I captured this image from across the the street and to this day is one of my favorite images from that trip.

This lady captivated me and I thought it would be a great example of what our common people of Mexico look like, poor but honest. I am really happy with the way this frame came out. It was very well received during our first exhibition.

3 comments:

Betty F said...

This is a beautiful photo. I'm captivated by it too

Chely said...

I loooooove this picture...

Elena said...

Es mia...cuando la pague. jeje